OSCE for LPC graduates
LPC graduates are entitled to be exempt from QLTS MCT. However, in order to proceed with the OSCE, you still formally need to obtain a decision from the SRA confirming the exemption.
The application consists out of 2 elements:
- Completed QLTS – Exemption from the MCT application form
- Additional docs requested by SRA:
- Copy of the LPC certificates and transcripts;
- Certificate of your domestic qualification; and
- Certificate of good standing issued by your bar: a) confirmed date of admission (details of the decision); and b) any matters that affect your standing as a lawyer, e.g. personal characteristics including professional conduct.
For more information and the forms please see http://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/qlts/apply.page
SPECIAL OFFER LPC Graduates: [places are limited]
LPC Package: £1000
Eligibility: The package is competitive and limited maximum to two places per exam
Grounds: LPC transcript
Due to your LPC experience, it should be much easier for you to prepare. LPC is a big advantage, compared to other OSCE candidates. However, please keep in mind that OSCE goes beyond the scopes of LPC, plus there could have been substantial developments in the law since you graduated. How OSCE is different from LPC:
- We estimate that around 20% of law is beyond the LPC; and
- Standard of the skills is of junior solicitor (2 years of training contract), not a trainee solicitor.
- OSCE has its own exam specifics and techniques.
We understand the expenses involved, LPC fees and your individual needs for QLTS OSCE prep. So, in order to cover the above differences, we suggest you proceed with our cheapest package ‘Budget’ or ‘All-in’.
LPC Package – £1000
✓3 Mock Interviews + Attendance Notes/Case Analysis (3 handwritten or typed individually marked)
✓3 Mock Advocacy/Presentation stations
✓1 Legal Writing Mock Station
✓1 Research Mock Station
✓1 Drafting Mock Station
➢5 sets of lectures: Business, Property; Probate; Civil and Criminal Litigation;
➢Skills lectures: Drafting, Writing, Research, Interview and Advocacy
➢Short drafting and writing case studies in 5 practice areas with mock stations and suggested answers for self-assessment
➢10 research mock stations and suggested answers for self-assessment
➢5 seminars OSGSs on application of the law to factual scenarios: one per practice area;
➢Group facilities: Flashcards, Facebook Group; Legal Research and Drafting Google Classrooms; and
➢Dedicated tutor: Assistance with individual study plan; reasonable support with your questions and inquiries; assistance with finding a study partner